You may (or may not) know that we were out of town last week, while all the girls were staying with friends here. Turns out that the family who had the twins and Katelyn also had a child who came down with the FLU! Thankfully, she was able to get Tamiflu right away and was better in a short time.
Well, today, Katelyn came to me with symptoms of coughing, fever, headache, etc. I took her to the doctor and although the flu test was actually negative, the doctor did prescribe the tamiflu because she is certain that she has the flu and Katelyn is just one of the 25% of the population that have it and test negative at first. Unfortunately, because it was not positive, the rest of us cannot get the preventative medicine. :o( Not to fear! The dr. is sure there will be at least one of us that will come down with it and we'll be able to get the medicine then. (Oh joy! Wasn't that a nice thing for the doctor to say?)
I was a little shocked, though, that even with the insurance, our cost was $35 for the medicine...multiply that times 10 and YIKES! It would be worth it if we avoided an epidemic, but still...I can think of a dozen other things I would rather spend that money on. ;o)
We would covet your prayers that we don't start an epidemic and that Katelyn starts responding to the medicine and recovers quickly.
I Admit It, We Tried
15 years ago

1 comment:
Carol I certainly will be praying for you. You all have certainly had your fair share of illnesses. Prayers that the medication works smooth and swiftly for Katelyn.
Post a Comment