Monday, August 21, 2006

From Diapers to Diploma

When oh when did my baby grow up? Today we took a new step in parenting...we registered our eldest for the SAT. This is too scary. I can't believe I have a child old enough to be a senior this year. (Of course, that's because I'M certainly not old enough to HAVE a child that old...or am I?) He is already working part-time, and has his own checking card...and knows to the penny how much is in his account. LOL

It has been fun seeing him mature and having conversations with him about what interests him or hearing his opinion about different topics. So that part of growing up I like. Some nights before family worship, like tonight, we have fun joking and chatting with all the children. I love it when we can just have a good time being together as a family.

I love to see the older children interact with the younger children. From what I was told, Nathan got along really well with the children at the day care in Cherokee during his mission trip. He sat down on the floor with them and played with them and let them climb all over him. I guess that's not a whole lot different from him being at home! He often plays with the littlest ones and gives them piggy back rides or tickles them. Rebekah loves being up on his shoulders...she is on top of the world up there! He really is pretty tall now, about 6'4"...taller than Dad!

I snapped a picture of one such moment when Nathan and the twins were sitting together and he was tickling them and they were giggling up a storm. This will be one I will treasure.

No comments: