Thursday, July 05, 2007

Blog Slug

It's been a looooooooooong time since I updated the blog! We've been SO busy, it's hard to find the time to even post what we're doing. I have some new photos up on flickr today. We had an spur of the moment Independence day get-together with some friends since we didn't know until the last minute whether or not Bill would be home. Micah smoked some "Boston butt" so we could have pulled pork sandwiches. Unfortunately, it took a little longer than usual, so it ended up being cut pork instead of pulled. It's still delicious either way, though!

That little smoker was the best purchase we ever made! I think it was maybe around $50 at Lowe's and we've used it a number of times and had great tasting meals everytime. I highly recommend one if you don't already have one!

To celebrate patriotically, I decided to make a flag cake and some pretzel "sparklers!" I subscribe to the Dine Without Whine site (a meal planning service) and she emailed out a little FREE 4th of July PDF book with tips, recipes and ideas of what you can do to celebrate the holiday. Here are some photos of the finished products!








We tested out our cameras on capturing the local fireworks display. We barely got there before it started, so I didn't have time to set up the tripod like all the photography sites tell you to do. I tried to hold it still while the shutter remained open a longer time and it worked fairly well.







The little girls were in "high chuckle mode" as we call it, and were climbing all over the guests we had. Teddy didn't seem to mind TOO much...I love this photo I got of them.


I hope your holiday was fun, too! Now...back to the grind!

1 comment:

Carol said...

WOW! Those fireworks pics turned out great! Looks like you had a grand time. I might have to check out the food website.