Monday, December 12, 2005

Clara's Christmas

This was the weekend for Clara's Christmas and the Messiah performed by the Asaph Ensemble and the dance studio. Katelyn, Caleb, Jacob and Rachel were performing in it. Katelyn was part of the Pastorale (in the Messiah), the party scene, & the song for Joy. Caleb was in the party scene and a mouse. Jacob was the lead mouse, so he popped out of the clock, and got to hold the nutcracker and Bible and terrorize Clara. He was also in the family that came through the audience chatting with folks on their way to the party at Clara's house. Rachel was in the party scene and also a lamb.

The kids weren't nervous a bit....they LOVE it! Several family members and a lot of friends attended between the two performances. They always do a fabulous job, very professional and the costumes are gorgeous. The owner of the studio makes most of them herself. I wish I could have taken pictures during the performance, but no flashes are allowed and I haven't read the camera manual yet to be able to take pics without it. I was working backstage on Sunday, so I was able to sneak a few pics of some of the costumes when the owner was taking some. :o) The kids usually have to take their costumes off as soon as they are done, so I don't usually have a chance to take a picture in them. Here is an album I made on Shutterfly.com: Clara's Christmas 2005

No comments: