It's not that I waited until the last minute to start the presents, but it just always takes longer than I expect (and hope).
"Some"day I am going to really have to stick with that promise...it makes December just a little too busy to be trying to go to all the extra activities, while simultaneously trying to make and wrap gifts. Sigh.
That's why I've been neglecting my blog...sorry. I do have pictures and things to record, but haven't had the time to actually put it online. Hopefully I will be able to work on that this coming week during our trip to NC or in the new year. To tide you over, here is one of the things we did:
Earlier this month, our church went "caroling" at the Fairmont, an independent home for the elderly that is literally right across a small side street from the church building we meet in. That is an ideal way to go caroling...it's indoors! LOL
We have been ministering there for the past several months. Once a month, members from the church have been meeting and having a short devotional time for the residents. We have taken the little girls with us, and they now have adopted several of the "grandmas" there as their own. The "grandmas" look forward to seeing them and are delighted when the girls run up and give them hugs. It's really sweet.
After we sang Christmas carols, we gave out a card from the church (that I made), and an ornament for their tree. All the children had fun giving those out to the residents, and the residents were very appreciative of our being there.



Later in the month, we went caroling as a church again, but this time it was a bit colder...this time we went to neighboring houses near the church building. We again took a card so they would know who we were, and the kids had a blast ringing doorbells and giving out the cards.

No comments:
Post a Comment