Tuesday, February 22, 2005

My very first blog

This is my first post and I have stage fright! I don't know what to say! I never was very good at public speaking. I am, however, better at writing letters, so maybe I will be okay once I get started.

I guess I can start by telling about my day. Today was President's Day, so my DH (usually this means "dear husband" for those of you not used to the online lingo) was off from work. The kids were not as fortunate, however, as we still had homeschool. ;o)

Homeschooling five children is difficult when you add to that a preschooler and twin toddlers....need I say more? So, we need to spend as much time as possible doing school since there are many interruptions. We are enjoying using a K-12 curriculum that allows us to combine most of the subjects and learn as a family. Each student has his or her own level to do in an activity, but we are studying the same time period in history, the same experiments in science, etc. It works pretty well for a classroom as varied as ours.

Some friends from church are moving, and the wife is pregnant with their second child, so the church had a surprise baby shower for her this evening. There wasn't the usual "shower" of mountains of gifts since the women of the church thought it would be better not to make her pack even MORE stuff! Instead, they collected contributions and gave her cash--it travels much lighter. ;o) We are sad to see them leave. They will be missed.

No comments: