Sunday, October 30, 2005

A New Ruling Elder

We are members of Cornerstone Presbyterian Church, part of the Presbyterian Church in America, and we had a congregational meeting today to vote on a nomination for Ruling Elder. (The elder is part of the Session, which is made up of ruling elders and teaching elder(s). The teaching elder is the pastor. These men govern the church.) The church voted to elect this candidate.
I am excited and apprehensive at the same time, because the ruling elder we elected today is none other than my husband, Bill. :o) I am excited for him because he is a gifted teacher and devoted to Christ, and has felt a call to teach and work as an elder for quite awhile. I am apprehensive only because I know being an officer of the church also comes with some awesome responsibilities and sometimes hardships. (We have been through our share of church conflicts in the past.)
He is looking forward to serving God and the church body in this new capacity and we would covet your prayers for us. The ordination service will be later this year.

No comments: