We live on a "loop" so it's fairly easy to walk around the neighborhood by going around the loop. There aren't any sidewalks (grrrr), so we have to walk right in the street. Keeping the kids out of the middle of the road is sometimes difficult, but they are getting better. Just because the speed limit is 25mph and we have a neon sign that says "Watch for Children" doesn't mean the cars slow down in here. We haven't had an accident since we've lived here, but I don't want my kids to be the first casualty!
The other night the girls and I went around the loop a little bit later towards dusk. The moon was already showing and the sun was setting and making a beautiful rainbow of blues, purples, oranges and pinks. Renee was walking with me this time and saw the moon and exclaimed, "Look, it's a happy face!" When I looked up where she was pointing, I saw the biggest "grin" in the sky...the moon was just a sliver and, indeed, looked like a 'happy face,' without the eyes. ;o)
I didn't have a camera while we were walking, so I grabbed it afterwards and asked the girls to show us the moon. Here is what we saw:

3 comments:
That is so sweet Carol. I love precious family memories like that. Glad you all are able to get out for walks.
Love the pic Carol! What a great family activity.
I love how you blew up the smile for the picture. I can't wait to see how you scrap that one.
Post a Comment