Thursday, June 08, 2006

Happy Birthday Nancy!

I went to a dinner tonight for my younger sister, Nancy. It was at an Italian restaurant and the meal was fabulous! Shall I tell you what we had...and make you drool? Okay, you dragged it out of me. I ordered the filet tenderloins with lobster tail..mmmmmmm! The presentation was as gorgeous as the food was delicious! They had a lemon half and some rosemary in a cute little decoration and there was even an edible flower on the plate.

Then for dessert, it wasn't the traditional cake...I had canole. Excellent! Mom had something called the "bomb"...a mixture of sherbets covered in white chocolate! Everything was delicious and it was nice to have all the sisters and Mom together to celebrate. It's been ahile since we've done that for Nancy's birthday since she had been living in NC ever since graduating from college. This year she's been working in DC and living with Mom.

There is another tenant that you get when you have Nancy live with you, and that tenant is Lucky, her dog. Lucky is one of the family now...the granddog. He is a cutie, and full of vigor. When he was a puppy, he nipped Renee, but Rebekah ended up being the one afraid of dogs for the longest time. Go figure!

In the art class I was taking this year, we had an assignment to do a scratch board project, and I was having trouble coming up with a subject for the project until I thought..Lucky! He's perfect for this! Animals make great subjects for scratch board because of all the hair, and Nancy had already mentioned the possibility of doing a portrait or drawing of Lucky for her. I finished it a little while ago and it's been really hard not to post the final picture I did. I knew that Nancy sometimes reads this blog, so I couldn't post it or it would spoil the surprise! lol

Here is what I made. I was pleased that it really does look like Lucky. I added his name to the collar tag. :o)

This is the picture I did it from:

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Great job Carol! That looks awesome! I'm sure she loved it.

Anonymous said...

That is such a precious gift! I love it.

Handsfullmom said...

Wow! That is a neat picture. Great job.