Sunday, November 06, 2005

I won! I actually won something!

I couldn't believe it. I never win anything. I went to the Washington Calligrapher's Guild "Calligrafest" yesterday, and entered a drawing for some nice prizes. I had my first choice down for the Print Gocco kit and the second choice was the mat cutter. Someone else's name got called and they chose the mat cutter, and then there were a couple more names called. Then MY name was called, so I was shocked when I went up there and saw the Print Gocco kit still there! YEAH! I had been interested in trying it out, but didn't want to invest a lot of money in yet another type of craft for which I don't really have time. LOL Actually, though, it would be useful for calligraphy projects on surfaces that wouldn't go through a printer. It is similar to screen printing.
I thought it was maybe $35-50 for this kit, and when searching now for a link to show you what it is, I find it costs more like $125-$140!! WOW! I got a pretty good deal for my $5 ticket!

The rest of the day was very busy. This was one day when it would have been nice if Nathan had his license. I dropped off the four middle kids to their ballet rehearsal (more on that later), dropped Micah off at Grandma's to help her out, and then went to the Calligrafest. On the way back I picked up a present for a birthday party later that night, then went to pick up two kids from another birthday party. Rushed home for a quick dinner and drove the other two kids to the party that night. Bill took the older boys to a movie. I picked up the kids from the party and went shopping at Borders. I think I was only home about 10 minutes all day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great prize!!