Thursday, April 28, 2005

Disappointment

Today I was trying to get a few automobile related errands done, and kept getting stopped by roadblocks. :o( First, I knew I wanted to get our cars inspected (sigh--I always wait until the end of the month; you would think I would learn by now) and couldn't find the DMV forms. I know I have them somewhere--yeah, I know what you're thinking. You should have paid more attention to the Cleaning and Organizing online class than the Photoshop class. Yes, you're right. But that is not as fun.

Anyway, I finally just decided to take the car in without the form and there was a 1.5 hour wait. You can't make a reservation in VA, so you have to just wait in line. I didn't want to wait for that because I also had to take Nathan in for a learner's permit test, so I switched gears and took him to wait in THAT line instead. The line at the DMV was not too bad, we only had to wait about 40 minutes. (Any of you that have ever waited at a DMV know that is PROMPT customer service...for them!) Nathan started the test, but missed one of the questions about the signs, and you have to get them 100% correct, so no learner's permit today. :o( He will have to wait at least 16 days before he can try it again. You will be sure that he is going to be studying those signs before then.

We were able to take the car to a local garage for the inspection and they gave us a ride home, so I don't have to wait there. So not all the auto errands turned out disappointing--yet. We still have to find out if the cars will pass the inspection!

No comments: