Renee was saying to me today, that "I still have MY Grandpa and Daddy's Grandpa, but YOUR Grandpa is died." I kept trying to explain that it was her Grandpa and my Dad, but she still insisted that HER and Daddy's Grandpa was the one that hadn't died, but mine was died. Caleb started out trying to explain it, too, but ended up just telling her that she will understand it when she gets older. (Spoken like a true "grown-up.") LOL
There are a couple of other snippets of wisdom from Renee:
One morning she woke up with a little bit of "bed head", so Bill told her that we needed to get a brush to get the "weasles" out of her hair. Renee, without missing a beat, said, "Daddy, I sleep with the weasels!"
For some time now, we have referred to my parents as the "close Grandpa and Grandma" and Bill's parents as the "Far Grandpa and Grandma," for obvious reasons...his parents live 7 hours away and my Mom (and Dad when he wasn't "died") live about 30 miles away (which.....on a BAD day might actually take 7 hours, but normally only takes 45 minutes.) ;o) ANYway, Renee was talking about my mother, but instead of saying "Close Grandma," she said, "SLOW Grandma." LOL I guess even my Mom would agree that either title fits these days. ;o)
I Admit It, We Tried
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment