I couldn't help but think about my own Dad's passing when I heard about my friend's Dad journey "home." The 8th year anniversary of my Dad's death was April 9th, and my Mom had us over that day to celebrate the Easter holiday. It was appropriate that we should be celebrating the resurrection and life that day. We have the assurance that Dad is with Lord now.
Robert S. Jones

Mom surprised us and showed us a HUGE scrapbook she had made up with pictures and poems and mementos of Dad's life. She also gave each of us five children some pictures of ourselves and some copies of our family tree. I have been having a good laugh looking at some of my earlier pictures. I will have to post some of them...but I'll warn you so that you don't get your computer monitor splattered with coffee when you LOL at some of the old hairdos. ;o)
I can't remember whether I showed this link before or not, but I think it's worth showing again. This is a video my brother made for us about our Dad. I still tear up everytime I watch it.
Dance With My Father Video

1 comment:
Carol, that was beautiful!
Post a Comment