Sunday, September 18, 2005

Glamour Girls

The night of Micah's party I had previously scheduled to go to a Mother/Daughter Glamour Shots night. A Mary Kay consultant in my area told me about their fun night out when they arrange with a hair dresser and photographer, and take glamour photos of clients. They get a "before" picture without any make-up, and then an "after" picture once all the pampering has been done.

I thought that sounded fun, so Katelyn and I went and were treated to a facial, make-up, hair styling and then had our pictures taken with feathers and sequins on. I took my camera, but I only have a few preview shots. I was trying on the leopard print, but didn't end up being brave enough to use it. I am sure the pictures that he took will be much better, but I won't have them for another two weeks. I can't wait to see them!!

The Mary Kay consultant had told me she had gotten some business photos done, too, so I asked him to do a shot of me holding my calligraphy pen so that I can use it for my website, and he did. It's about time I updated my picture on there....actually the whole website needs updating! It's only about two years behind! Sigh.

It was a little shocking seeing Katelyn in make-up, sequins and feathers and costume jewelry...it aged her about 8 years...and I'm not ready to start beating the boys away yet! I think the photographer noticed my motherly instincts and decided to throw in an extra pose with a change of clothing so that Katelyn could have a casual look picture, too. He pulled out the jean jacket to do some casual shots of her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carol, the photo of Katelyn in the pink is FABULOUS!!! She looks stunning.