Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Comcast rant

Comcast is not on my favorites list recently. We have been having intermittent internet problems, so we called them up for service. As usual, it takes a week or more for them to send a technician, and then we have to fit it into our busy schedule, too.
Bill called them the first time and set it up for a day that I had a doctor's appointment for Katelyn (lately that is almost every other day!), so I had to postpone.
So another week goes by before the technician is able to come. I missed the Mother/Daughter study waiting for him to come...he was late. He finally came, but after checking inside and outside, found that the problem was further up the line...the signal is not strong coming into the house.
There was some loss of signal within the house, but not enough to really make much difference. He did recommend to us a new cable installation that would help a little, so we scheduled that to be done. Meanwhile, he said he would put in a work order for them to repair the outside line.
I waited once again for the Comcast contractor who would put in the new cable. No show. Just after the time range they gave me for his arrival, they called. Apparently their tech was involved in a car accident and was in the hospital. :o( They promised to send another one within a couple days and offered to install it for FREE for the inconvenience. That was a step in the right direction.
We were still having problems with connectivity today, so I called Comcast and they said a technician had come out to "verify" the signal coming into the house. HUH???? Didn't their other technician do that already? We knew there was a signal, but it's too LOW! She said that technician couldn't make that determination, but the main line technician had to come out. ARGH
So now we wait again until Friday when the main line technician is supposed to come out. I wonder how long we would have been waiting if I had not called. They had no plans to have someone come out to FIX the main line before I called today. ARGH.
Apparently they just have NO idea how addicted we are to the internet. This is excruciatingly painful to tease us with internet and then poof! -- nothing. LOL

No comments: