



Yesterday we ate lunch at 4:00 p.m.
A little later than I intended, but we were waiting to see if an online friend (visiting here from Texas) I met on a forum for twins could meet with us. It got later than she realized, and then she had some family obligations, so we never were able to meet. :o(
I had promised the kids we were going to go to McDonald's to meet them, so I was not able to avoid a trip there for lunch. I gave them the choice between McDonald's or Burger King, and they chose Mickey D's...I think it was because of the Neopets toys, not the quality or variety of the food. LOL
I am impressed that McDonald's is trying to change their image and allows you to choose apples instead of french fries, and milk instead of soda...a little bit healthier options.
I took them to one with an indoor play area, thinking that it would be air conditioned. Unfortunately, it wasn't, but it wasn't too unbearable. After the children ran around a little, they were quite hot and flushed, but they didn't seem to mind.
The price tag for our outing was a bit daunting...$40 for lunch for 9 of us. At least I used the McD's gift certificates and was able to get a little bit back on the Upromise account, a college savings account. I don't have much in that account yet, but I figured if it even pays for one book for college, it would be worth doing, since it doesn't cost me anything. The way the Upromise works is you register your credit or debit cards with them, and anytime you make purchases on those cards with any of the hundreds of Upromise affiliate stores, the companies donate a small percentage of the purchase price to the Upromise savings account for college. Anyone can contribute to our account, so if you don't have anyone that needs money for college, I would be glad to let you register your cards for Nathan's account as a "friend or family" member. I was a little leery of signing up my cards with them, but when I saw that so many reputable companies were affiliated with them, I thought it would be safe...and it has been. It has become a quite popular way of saving for college.

No comments:
Post a Comment