Friday, August 19, 2005

PHOTOshopping

Some people are born to shop. For me, the kind of shopping I like is PHOTOshopping. LOL I am really enjoying learning more and more about Adobe Photoshop 7 and how to manipulate and enhance photographs. I have discovered a whole new hobby (like I NEED another distraction! LOL) in digital scrapbooking, and along with that, have discovered a myriad of free tutorials available just for the taking. Almost all the digital scrapbooking sites (and there are hundreds of them) have some tutorials where they will tell you how to get certain effects like the ones they have on their pictures or layouts.
The nice thing about digital scrapbooking is that it is much cheaper than paper scrapbooking. You can even find a FREE photographic software called GIMP to do the same things you can do with Photoshop or Photo Impact.
One of my recent projects was a tee shirt design for Yuuri, the exchange student that was here from Japan. I didn't want to post about it before she received the gift, because it was a surprise. You never know who might be reading my blog! (I know it's a long shot to think anyone is reading, but oh well.)
You might take note that I have the Japanese characters for "FRIEND" on Yuuri's side of the picture. She wrote them down for my friend, and the friend brought them to me, and I used my NEW brush calligraphy pen to draw them and then scanned them in and used in the picture. It was good timing to get that pen just before I needed it. o)

This is the design I made:

No comments: