Today was a long day. I work at Staples in the Copy Center part-time, and since ours does not have a "specialist" yet (a full-time copy center manager), they asked if I could go with them to a meeting. The meeting was held in Charlottesville, VA, which is about 1.5 hours from Manassas without much traffic. It is a central point for the region in which our Staples is now. Staples is really making the copy center a focus of their marketing and their investments, so they are having all the experts in the copy centers meet once a month for training and discussing problems, solutions, etc. I thought I was going to learn about the new software they installed on all the computers...Photo Impact. It's similar to Photoshop, but I am sure we have the PI because it's a LOT cheaper. ;o) Photoshop costs about $600, while Photo Impact costs $89.99.
They only ended up talking a little bit about the Photo Impact, but I was able to contribute something no one else mentioned. I went searching about the software and found out that for one thing, it seems very popular, and secondly, they have a whole website about it called Photo Impact Resource Center! It has links to all kinds of other sites that have free or inexpensive tutorials on how to use it. They themselves have a mentoring program where you can learn the basics from someone else that already knows how to use it. You can download a free trial version for 30 days and train with it at home.
We got back late from the meeting...I thought I would have a couple of hours before I had to go into work, but instead went straight there. I finally got home around 10 p.m....which made it about 15 hours on the clock!
I Admit It, We Tried
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment