Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Runnin' Around

It has been a runaround day for me. Katelyn had a party to go to for an exchange student, and I was scrambling to get a tote bag made for her. My computer has WAY too much stuff on it, so it was uncooperative and I ended up asking Nathan to finish it for me because...
...I had to take Katelyn to the doctor, who was 1.5 hours late calling us in for our appointment. What a waste of time. Sigh. Anyway, by the time we got out of there, I had to go home and then...
...finish the tote bag and take Katelyn to a friend's house so that I could go to...
...work and then I went and picked her up again after work. As I was backing out the van from their driveway, I heard a big crunch sound...not a good sound when you are backing up a 15 passenger van. Sure enough, I had backed into the neighbor's mailbox. So now we have to pay for THAT to be repaired. SIGH.

Nathan did an awesome job on the tote bag. I wanted something personal, but also patriotic for her to take back with her. Katelyn and I also made her a Winnie the Pooh no sew pillow like the one that was on display at A.C. Moore crafts. It used two bandanas, some fabric tac and rick-rack. It was VERY easy. The only problem is that ended up costing me more than just the materials. :o( The glue we used ate some of the nail polish off of my newly polished nails! Yikes!

1 comment:

Handsfullmom said...

Oh, I've had days like that! So sorry about the neighbor's mailbox!