Our accountant just told me how much of a refund we will be getting this year. WOO HOO! We should be getting ALL of our withholdings back and don't have to pay any taxes this year! With our itemized deductions and the child tax credit (in this case it PAYS to have eight children! LOL) the taxes we owe zeros out, EVEN WITH the alternative minimum tax (which is abominable IMHO). Are you familiar with the alternative minimum tax? They 'made up' a tax for those people who are making decent salaries and have a lot of deductions. In other words, they invented a minimum tax for those who have enough legitimate deductions to get out of paying taxes! ARGH!
Don't get after me about waiting to send it in, either. I know I should have gotten them done early in April and been earning interest on that money all this time instead, or had the money to pay other expenses. It still takes a good chunk of time to get them prepared for the accountant. At least they are DONE now-- almost in time for next year's deadline! LOL
I Admit It, We Tried
15 years ago

1 comment:
Carol that is just terrible. I am glad that you were able to not pay taxes. I am just angry at a government who continues to take money from those who work hard and give it to those who certainly could work harder.
Sorry I know this is your blog but I just had to get that off my chest.
Post a Comment