Tuesday, July 05, 2005

4th of July Parade

Fairfax, Virginia is celebrating its 200th birthday this year, and we decided to celebrate with them at the 4th of July parade. My sister, Jessie, and her husband, Bob, met us there and we had a great time watching the bands, balloons, cars, characters, and dancers go by. The kids especially liked it when candy was thrown out into the street...they all scrambled after it like they were starving! This picture shows they got their fill! LOL


The girls were a little timid at first and some of the characters they wanted to say "Hi" to passed them by to hug other children. Renee was especially sad that she had not been able to give Dora a hug. Finally, Rebekah boldly went out and hugged Ronald McDonald...I snapped the picture just as she had turned around. She had a priceless look of satisfaction on her face. Shortly after that, they were able to snag Winnie the Pooh, too.


The parade was a lot of fun, and getting a parking space and spot on the sidelines was relatively easy. I think the kids really enjoyed the festivities, too. Here is an album of pictures: Parade Pictures

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like such a wonderful time. I am glad you all were able to do this. I wish they had these kinds of things out here but I think the 110 degree weather discourages it!

Carol said...

I think 110 degree weather would discourage ME too! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

I love the girls dresses. Ginny has one similar to those. I think they are so classic for little girls. :)