
I had tried to check on the ticket prices online, but by the time I got home after work Friday night, the tickets were not available--I thought it was because it was too close to the event. They never said anything about it being sold out. :o(
I offered to take them into the park anyway; Katelyn was all for that idea, but the boys were not interested in the park as much as the concert, so we started the trip back. Unfortunately, the traffic was JUST as horrid on the way home as it was to get there. I have no idea why it was so slow yesterday. There were a few cars pulled over for fender benders from time to time, but nothing that explained the congestion. At least we had the distraction of a book-on-tape. One of the kids had checked out "The Horse and His Boy," one of the C.S. Lewis books about Narnia. It was done by the Focus on the Family Radio Theatre. An EXCELLENT portrayal of this classic book. It was very entertaining and engrossing. It made the time go much quicker.
Instead of going to King Dominion, the kids suggested we go to a movie and buy them games for their portable game players, so that's what we did.

2 comments:
What movie did you go see and what games did they get?
We saw "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" and they bought Meteos, Kirby & the Canvas Curse,and Pokemon Emerald. The movie was a little uncomfortable to see with them during some more intimate moments and the previews were downright vile. I am NOT going to let them see some of those movies coming out...The 40-yr-old Virgin & The Dukes of Hazzard are the ones I remember. :o(
Post a Comment