Friday, July 01, 2005

MIA

I'm sorry I've been MIA (missing in action) lately. I have been trying to get our house ready for company, which is no small feat. It seems there is no end in sight! It's amazing how much mess 10 people can make!

I have been so tired by the end of the day that I find myself falling asleep in a chair after family worship, and then I wake up in the wee hours of the morning! That's another reason I haven't been blogging as much...when I wake up, I usually just go to bed to finish sleeping, instead of having time on the computer.

There has been a lot going on recently, though, despite my lack of posts. I would like to ask for prayer for some members of my family.

First, my mother has been sick for a week now with a sore throat and other symptoms. There are only certain medications she can take that won't interfere with other ones she is on, so pray that she can get relief from the symptoms.

The second family member that is sick is Katelyn. She is on a third antibiotic for a UTI infection that just doesn't want to go away. This has been a life-long battle for her, and a very frustrating one. I may post about that someday, but it's too long a story for this post. Pray that there is no more permanaent damage to her kidneys and that the next culture will indicate no more bacteria.

My brother called tonight and said that he was downsized. It is not a great surprise as he has been "holding his breath" through countless other downsizings for the past 10 years it seems. To have it finally be a reality, though, is not good. Pray that he can find a new job without much difficulty; he has a wife and two children to support.

ETA: I am embarrassed to add that Bill reminded me of his current soreness from falling down the stairs this week! Please pray that he heals completely and is feeling better soon!

THANKS! I appreciate you joining me in praying and seeing how God answers our prayers. God bless!

No comments: