Some good news! I got a raise today! I was talking to our general manager a little while ago and told her that I had never had a performance review since I started working at Staples over a year and a half ago. They looked into it and told me today they gave me a perfect score on the review, and the largest raise they can give me (5%), and it will be retroactive, so I am owed about $360! Yipee! (Of course, that won't even cover the cost of the Big Boy Toy (i.e., PalmOne Life Drive) that I bought there last week, but it sure will come in handy.) The best part is that it is almost time for them to do ANOTHER performance review, so I might even get another raise in a couple months!
I STILL won't be up to the salary I had when I stopped working over 16 years ago to be a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) when I had Nathan. That was a big shock to me when I first went job hunting...that after fourteen years, the pay scale had decreased for the same type of job!
I Admit It, We Tried
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment