As I was taking a vanload of kids to a friend's house today, I was reminded of what we do every time we all get in the van just before we take off...roll call. Either Bill or I will call out everyone's name (in birth order, naturally ;o) ) and each child will answer just to make sure everyone made it in the van in their seats. We wouldn't want to forget anyone! So it goes along very nicely...
"Nathan" "Here"
"Micah" - "Yes"
"Katelyn" - "Here"
"Caleb" - "Yes"
"Jacob" - "Yes"
"Rachel" - "Here"
and then...
"Renee" - "DUCKY!"
HUH??? Ducky? What is that all about?! LOL
Then...
"Rebekah" - "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"
LOL I don't know where they got THOSE responses from, but they are persistent in answering the same way EVERY time we do roll call. It cracks me up every time!
I Admit It, We Tried
15 years ago

4 comments:
Those twins. They are such a light in life. Gotta love 'em!
That is too funny, Carol!! As I was reading this I was picturing it in my mind and couldn't help but LOL. :)
How cute! Do they do it without thinking now or do ya'll still chuckle about it everytime? Have the other kids every interjected another answer?
Yeah some times it's: "Huh?" or "What?" but mostly it's just the twins.
Post a Comment