I went to a memorial service for a friend's mother today. It was really wonderful. That may sound strange to some people, but it was a celebration of her life, and the service reflected her love of Jesus and dedication to Him. They sang some songs with the whole congregation, then my friend read something she wrote...a little history about her Mom. My friend's brother spoke next, and then her husband, and they gave an opportunity for anyone else to share. The grandkids had special music that was stupendous. So talented!!! Then the pastor said instead of him talking, he would play a tape of my friend's mother when she spoke in front of her church in February when she found out she only had a couple of months to live. It was so moving to hear her voice and see her picture. She was basicallly challenging anyone who was not a Christian to become one. I pray that God used that service to bring more people to Himself.
A service like that is very convicting and had me thinking about what might be said about me when I go "home." I realized I have a lot of work to do (and God has a lot to do in me) before I would be comfortable with people talking about MY life!
I Admit It, We Tried
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment