Saturday, part of our whirlwind weekend, we were invited to a 30th birthday party of a friend and co-worker of Bill's. That means she was born in '75...when I was graduating from HIGH SCHOOL, and actually wearing the fashions that people were wearing to the party! YIKES! Now I really feel OLD!
The party was groovy...they had a marguerita machine providing continuous refreshment, (of course, there were sodas and water bottles for the kids), 70's music playing, some people were wearing afros and long hair pieces, dressed in paisley, & peasant shirts. (Unfortunately for us, the 70's fashions are being resurrected today!! The fashion police ought to be arrested! LOL) The cake was decorated with 70's phrases and a disco ball. They provided a flower pinata for the children to smash...full of candy and toys. We had to leave before she opened the gifts, but had a great time meeting her family and friends.
Speaking of family, Amber has twin girls a couple of months younger than our twins...only hers are identical. When they were younger, their aunt called them the "demonettes"...an endearing term anyone who has lived with 2 year old twins can relate to!!! LOL Here is an album of pictures: Peace, man!
I am going to have to dig up the picture of Bill in his "wake and shake" hairdo from the 80's. He had a real afro at that time. I talked him into letting me perm his hair because I thought it looked cute with all those curls. You know it's TRUE LOVE when you let your fiancee give you a perm! Bill's Dad didn't say anything when he saw his first-born son in curlers...just peeked out from behind the newspaper, gave a grunt, and went back to reading. LOL
I Admit It, We Tried
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment